Martes, Pebrero 28, 2012

That's what you call "Plastic Balloon"

Plastic Balloon


     Its more Fun in the Philippines! That's the newest slogan in our Country. Since the day it was released in the public, a lot of Filipinos and even some foreigners started to look for some reasons why it is really more Fun in the Philippines, as indicated in our slogan.
     I always surf the internet. Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo,Google, everywhere I think Filipinos already posted about why we Filipinos should say that its more Fun in the Philippines. Yes, I can't deny the fact that we do have a lot of good places, scenery here. We do have Intramuros, Rizal Park, Mall of Asia, the famous Boracay, our Chocolate Hills, Banawe Rice Terraces, the newest discovered Puerto Prinsesa Underground River which is now one of the Seven Wonders of the World, and etc. Not only those places we are proud of, only here in the Philippines you can find the Jeepneys being used for transportation. Only in the Philippines where you can eat the famous "Balut", yeah i know its kinda yucky to eat for some people, okay not all filipinos used to eat it, they don't like it especially when they already see the duckling inside, but I do like it a lot since I was a kid, well that's the thrill in eating the Balut anyway, and I tell you it really taste good. 

BALUT


     Okay enough for that. As i have said, there's a lot of reasons why its more Fun in the Philippines. And for me to add to those reasons, I wanna share the thing that been part of my childhood days. A thing that every Filipino children knows, well I guess and I hope so especially on these days. That's one of the reasons why I chose "Plastic Balloon" as the topic of my blog. A thing that quickly left behind, forgotten by many Filipino children now. As you noticed above, that's how Plastic Balloon look like. I really, really wonder, if kids nowadays still familiar with this stuff. This stuff once became part of my childhood. I can still remember how I demand this stuff to my parents. Yeah, I know this is not worthy to buy, but those times I was a kid, a kid who only knows that this sticky stuff can satisfy my needs. Well it only cost about one peso, as far as I remember. It is packed in a soft metal like, about one inch in tall, and paired with a small plastic stick. For you to use it, you must open the tip of it, squeeze a little until the sticky thing comes out, then using your stick you get it and roll it in your stick. Then the most interesting part here, you need to form well the sticky thing, how? lick it, yeah exactly put it in your mouth just like eating lollipop, rotating again ad again inside your mouth, and of course you can actually taste it, don't worry it taste good anyway. Two to three rotation is enough, just enough that you form it well on the tip of your stick. Then after that, slowly blow it until it expand and turn into a balloon. Like in the picture below.


     Well I can't imagine how many plastic balloon i already made. I can still remember how it mad me happy, amazed how this stuff turn into a balloon. For some years I never see this stuff. No store nearby selling this kind of stuff, so I almost forgot that there's such thing that existed here. Not until I had my Mass Casualty training, they required us to buy this stuff, wow after so many years I heard this again, but wait where in this place can I buy this again? Yeah luckily, there's a store nearby the training center who sells it. Maybe the owner already knows that this stuff often used in that training center. The moment I bought this stuff, the memories of my childhood came back. I can't help but to smile. Once in my life, I played with it, I even met some good friends because of this stuff, you know being the same on stuff we like to play. 
     
     For the present kids, I hope you can catch it at some point. By the way I was able to buy this one in Intramuros. Maybe in Divisoria there's a lot of it also. Why I'm trying to say it, well I just wanna introduce this stuff again in our new generations. I want them to experience the feeling of playing this sticky/plastic balloon. I want them to discover by themselves how does it feel to play and have it, and above of it, hows the old generation made happy because of this thing. Wanna try some? I bet you should.














2 komento:

  1. Im 40 and have six kids.7-8 YRS AGO BOUGHT IT FOR THEM FROM gAISANO SUPERMARKET.wE WERE LIVING IN hOLLAND AT THAT TIME. nOW LIVING IN iNDONESIA FOR 5 YEARS AND FOUND PLASTIC BALLOON IN THE MARKET. A JAR WITH ABOUT +-100 SMALL PLASTIC BALLOONS. GAVE IT OT THEM AS BIRTHDAY PRESENT. THEY ARE VERY HAPPY ABOUT IT. I teach my kids some childhood sentiments like playing lastiko and other stuffs. Might use plastic balloons for our vlog. (BIng, RodVivKids Family Vlog)

    TumugonBurahin
  2. Balloon design home school decor sitting chair

    TumugonBurahin